Bionix OtoClear Spray Wash Kit
Overview for Bionix 7295 OtoClear® Ear Irrigation SprayWash Bottle
The Bionix OtoClear® Ear Irrigation SprayWash Bottle is a manual and high-volume irrigation device designed to produce a 36% increase in volume per spray than syringes. Featuring a temperature gauge, the spray pump indicates a safe water temperature that is fit for irrigation.
Ear wax and its purpose
Ear wax is not “dirty” or somehow unsanitary. This misinformed belief leads some patients to desire ear cleaning on a regular basis. Contrary to popular belief, ear wax or “cerumen” is a normal substance that the body produces to clean, protect, and lubricate ears. Dirt and dust stick to the ear wax, which prevents those harmful substances from moving deeper into the ear canal. As a person chews and as new skin cells grow in the ear canal, the old wax is slowly pushed toward the ear opening where it flakes off or is washed away. It is a continual process.
When is ear wax a problem?
Ear wax is a problem when it becomes impacted; that is when it blocks the ear canal and the patient experiences negative symptoms:
- Ear pain or pressure
- Fullness in the ear
- Hearing loss
When impaction is identified, there are a few methods readers can try at home before heading to the doctor.
- Manual Spray Pump
- High-Volume irrigation system
- Produces a 36% increase in volume per spray
- Features a temperature gauge for safe irrigation
- Designed to remove cerumen from the ear canal
What’s in the Box
- 1 – Bionix OtoClear® Ear Irrigation SprayWash Bottle
- 1 – extension arm
- 5 – irrigation tip
Safe, effective impacted cerumen treatments:
- Irrigation with an ear-cleaning kit, such as with OtoClear® Ear Wax Removal
- Manual removal of cerumen
- Use of agents that soften or breaks up the wax, such as water or saline
Unsafe, ineffective impacted cerumen treatments:
- Ear candling or Ear coning (which are alternative medicine practices)
- Cotton swabs (or insertion of similar objects into the ear)
If the first attempt to resolve impacted ear wax at home is not successful, the patient should visit a medical practitioner who has specialized equipment and training.